I noticed that the dates in my blog were all wrong, and now the blog
ghc --make blog.hs [1 of 1] Compiling Main ( blog.hs, blog.o ) blog.hs:27:12: Not in scope: `list' Perhaps you meant `last' (imported from Prelude) blog.hs:29:21: Not in scope: `pageCompiler' blog.hs:30:17: Not in scope: `applyTemplateCompiler' blog.hs:31:17: Not in scope: `relativizeUrlsCompiler' blog.hs:34:27: Not in scope: `constA' Perhaps you meant `const' (imported from Prelude) blog.hs:35:18: Not in scope: `setField' blog.hs:36:13: Not in scope: `requireAllA' blog.hs:37:13: Not in scope: `applyTemplateCompiler' blog.hs:38:13: Not in scope: `applyTemplateCompiler' blog.hs:39:13: Not in scope: `relativizeUrlsCompiler' blog.hs:43:21: Not in scope: `pageCompiler' blog.hs:44:17: Not in scope: `applyTemplateCompiler' blog.hs:45:17: Not in scope: `applyTemplateCompiler' blog.hs:46:17: Not in scope: `relativizeUrlsCompiler'
The price to pay for using a system in flux ... oh well, time to read up on
transition](http://jaspervdj.be/hakyll/tutorials/04-compilers.html) from v3 to v4.
Alright, that isn't good enough ... need some 'patterns' to work with.
Luckily, I found another Hakyll blog that made the jump, and shameless
plagiarized. (So thank you, ```wmasson```!)
Well, I didn't even plagiarize well. I used tabs instead of spaces at one
point and stared at a ```parse error on input `='``` error message for
I spent some more time staring at
blog.hs:39:47: Couldn't match expected type `Item String' with actual type `[Item String]' Expected type: [Item String] -> [Item String] Actual type: [Item String] -> [[Item String]] In the second argument of `(.)', namely `recentFirst' In the second argument of `($)', namely `take 3 . recentFirst'
... and then I realized that the signature of ```postList``` was wrong and should have its second argument as ```([Item String] -> Compiler [Item String])``` instead of ```([Item String] -> [Item String])```.
Had to change ```prep <$> loadAll pattern``` to ```prep =<< loadAll pattern``` to accomodate this change.
Somehow the type signature of the main page function didn't match, so I modified the ```postList``` function to take a ```listmodifier```; this way I could pass in ```id``` for the list of all posts and ```(take 3)``` for the main page.
I also had to change the date format from ```%d %m %Y``` to ```%Y-%m-%d```, since I was getting an
[ERROR] Hakyll.Web.Template.Context.getItemUTC: could not parse time for ...
error message, looking at the source I found that only a few formats were supported.
Finally, right at the end, I clobbered the git submodule in my output directory when I did a ```./blog rebuild```. So to bring it back, I had to
$ rm -f .gitmodules $ ./blog clean Removing _site... Removing _cache... Removing _cache/tmp... $ git rm -r _site rm '_site' $ git submodule add --force firstname.lastname@example.org:agam/agam.github.com.git _site Reactivating local git directory for submodule '_site'. $ cd _site $ git checkout master $ cd .. $ ./blog build
So ... no outward change in appearance, but a lot of time wasted, and all because I was bold enough to run ```cabal update```.
Yes, I know. Sad.
But it works! (atleast the chronological sorting works again).
Update: This diff might help to show the changes required.
Update: Just for fun, I tweaked the CSS of the page a bit, to make it a little less bland.